We love cars and considering you are reading this post, we are guessing you have an affinity for them too. And when it comes to information about our favorite four-wheeled vehicles, there is never enough. Sure, you may know the basics, or maybe you’re a gearhead who studies up every chance you get, but regardless, there are some facts about cars you probably don’t know. So, kick back, relax, and prepare to take a quick tour of car tidbits that will entertain and educate.
- Car production reached 70 million units for the first time ever in 2016.
- The world’s first speeding ticket was issued in Dayton, Ohio, in 1904. The driver, Harry Myers, was driving a blazing fast 12 MPH.
- The average car contains approximately 30,000 parts. No wonder our mechanics have to be so incredible at their jobs.
- Volkswagen owns 12 car brands. Including Audi, Bugatti, Bentley, Lamborghini, and Ducati. They are more than just Jettas, that’s for certain.
- Sitting around, wasting time. The modern car spends 95% of its time parked.
- Brand loyalty and high quality. Almost 75% of Rolls-Royces ever produced are still on the road.
- Think twice about speeding in Switzerland. A driver was issued a whopping $1 million speeding ticket. (note in Switzerland speeding tickets are based on your income)
- Seems like common sense. In Alabama it’s illegal to drive blindfolded.
- Now that’s fast. The world record for the fastest engine change is 42 seconds. Performed spectacularly by a team of UK Royal Marines.
Admit it, you feel more informed about your trusty vehicle. One last note. If you take one lesson from these fun facts about cars, watch your speedometer when you are driving around Switzerland.